IF YOU CREATE SESSIONS:
Your session data is owned by you. Not only that, but Planningwith.cards treats your sessions as if they were private. We don’t sell them to anyone and we don’t use the session responses you collect for our own purposes, except in a limited set of circumstances (see our “Terms and Conditions”).
We safeguard respondents’ email addresses. To make it easier for you to invite people to take your private panel or moderated sessions via email, you may send us email addresses, in which case Planningwith.cards acts as a mere custodian of that data. We don’t sell these email addresses and we use them only as directed by you and in accordance with this policy.
PRIVACY FOR SESSION CREATORS
What information does Planningwith.cards collect?
When you use Planningwith.cards, we collect information relating to you and your use of our services from a variety of sources. These are listed below. The sections afterward describe what we do with this information.
Information we collect directly from you:
Registration information. You need a Planningwith.cards account before you can create sessions on Planningwith.cards. When you register for an account, we collect your username, password and email address.
Billing information. If you make a payment to Planningwith.cards, we require you to provide your billing details, such as a name, address, email address and financial information corresponding to your selected method of payment (e.g. a credit card number and expiration date or a bank account number). If you provide a billing address, we will regard that as the location of the account holder.
Account settings. You can set various preferences and personal details on pages like your account settings page. For example, your email, password and other account settings.
Session data. We store your session data (videos, questions, and responses) for you.
Other data you intentionally share. We may collect your personal information or data if you submit it to us in other contexts. For example, if you provide us with a testimonial, or participate in a Planningwith.cards contest.
We safeguard your respondents’ email addresses. Rest assured, Planningwith.cards will not email your private panel session respondents email addresses except at your direction. We definitely don’t sell those email addresses to any third parties.
Information we collect about you from other sources:
- Usage data. We collect usage data about you whenever you interact with our services. This may include which webpages you visit, what you click on, when you performed those actions, and so on. Additionally, like most websites today, our web servers keep log files that record data each time a device accesses those servers. The log files contain data about the nature of each access, including originating IP addresses.
- Device data. We collect data from the device and application you use to access our services, such as your IP address and browser type. We may also infer your geographic location based on your IP address.
- Referral data. If you arrive at a Planningwith.cards website from an external source (such as a link on another website or in an email), we record information about the source that referred you to us.
- Information from third parties. We may collect your personal information or data from third parties if you give permission to those third parties to share your information with us.
- Information from page tags. We use tracking services that employ cookies and page tags (also known as web beacons) to collect aggregated and anonymized data about visitors to our websites. This data includes usage and user statistics. We also have implemented Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting, one of Google Analytics Advertising features. You an opt-out of the Google Analytics Advertising Features we use, including through Ads Settings, Ad Settings for mobile apps, or any other available means (for example, the NAI's consumer opt-out or this Google Analytics' currently available opt-outs for the web).
- Email Communications. We may receive a confirmation when you open an email from us. We use this confirmation to improve our customer service.
- How does Planningwith.cards use the information we collect?
- To provide you with our services. This includes providing you with customer support, which requires us to access your information to assist you (such as with session design and creation or technical troubleshooting).
- To manage our services. We internally use your information, including certain session data, for the following limited purposes:
- To monitor and improve our services and Planningwith.cards. We internally perform statistical and other analysis on information we collect (including usage data, device data, referral data, and information from page tags) to analyze and measure user behavior and trends, to understand how people use our services, and to monitor, troubleshoot and improve our services. However, we do not use the non-public content of sessions (i.e. the content of questions and responses that you have not publicly shared) for these purposes.
- To assist the enforcement of our Terms and Conditions.
- To prevent potentially illegal activities.
- To create new services, Planningwith.cards or content (public data and metadata only). We may use anonymized session metadata (that is, data about the characteristics of a session but not its non-public content), to create and provide new services, Planningwith.cardses or content. For example, we may look at statistics like response rates, Planningwith.cardses used, and the average number of sessions per month and publish interesting observations about these for informational or marketing purposes. When we do this, neither individual session creators nor session respondents will be identified or identifiable unless we have obtained their permission.
- To contact you about your service or account. We occasionally send you communications of a transactional nature (e.g. service-related announcements, billing-related matters, changes to our services or policies, a welcome email when you first register). You can’t opt out of these communications since they are required to provide our services to you.
- To contact you for marketing purposes (if you opt in). We will only do this periodically and you may opt out at any time by contacting customer support.
- To respond to legal requests and prevent harm. If we receive a subpoena or other legal request, we may need to inspect the data we hold to determine how to respond.
With whom do we share or disclose your information?
We don’t sell your session data!
When might we disclose your session data to third parties? Only for a limited number of reasons. Most commonly, we share your information with our service providers who help us to provide our services to you. We contractually bind these service providers to keep your information confidential and to use it only for the purpose of providing their services to us. For example, we use payment processors who help us to process credit card transactions. By using our services, you authorize Planningwith.cards to sub-contract in this manner on your behalf.
Rare circumstances include when we need to share information if required by law, or in a corporate restructuring or acquisition context (see below for more details).
Sharing your sessions with the public. After you create a session it is released to our tester pool to perform the session. You may have the test cancelled at any time by contacting customer support.
We may disclose:
- Aggregated information to third parties to improve or promote our services. No individuals can be identified or linked to any part of the information we share with third parties to improve or promote our services.
- Your information if required or permitted by law. We may disclose your information as required or permitted by law, or when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, and/or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, subpoena, or other legal process served on us.
- Your information if there’s a change in business ownership or structure. If ownership of all or substantially all of our business changes, or we undertake a corporate reorganization (including a merger or consolidation) or any other action or transfer between Planningwith.cards entities, you expressly consent to Planningwith.cards transferring your information to the new owner or successor entity so that we can continue providing our services. If required, Planningwith.cards will notify the applicable data protection agency in each jurisdiction of such a transfer in accordance with the notification procedures under applicable data protection laws.
- Information you expressly consent to be shared. For example, we may expressly request your permission to provide your contact details to third parties for various purposes, including to allow those third parties to contact you for marketing purposes. (You may later revoke your permission, but if you wish to stop receiving communications from a third party to which we provided your information with your permission, you will need to contact that third party directly.)
What are your rights to your information?
- Update your account details. You can update your registration and other account information on your dashboard. Information is updated immediately.
- Download/backup your session data. We provide you with the ability to export, share and publish your session data in a variety of formats. This allows you to create your own backups or conduct offline data analysis.
- Delete your session data. To the extent permitted by law, we will permanently delete your data if you request to cancel your account.
- Cancel your account. To cancel and delete your account, please contact customer support. Deleting your account will cause all the session data in the account to be permanently deleted, as permitted by law, and will disable your access to any other services that require a Planningwith.cards account. We will respond to any such request, and any appropriate request to access, correct, update or delete your personal information within the time period specified by law (if applicable) or without excessive delay. We will promptly fulfill requests to delete personal data unless the request is not technically feasible or such data is required to be retained by law (in which case we will block access to such data, if required by law).
- For how long do we retain your data? We generally retain your data for as long as you have an account with us, or to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, or enforce our agreements.
Security, cookies and other important information
Security. Planningwith.cards has a sophisticated security program intended to keep the information stored in our system protected from unauthorized access. We store your information in secure data centers located in the United States and Mexico. Our system is configured with data encryption, or scrambling technologies and firewalls constructed to the highest industry standards. However, we cannot guarantee the security of information. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors, may compromise the security of user information at any time.
- To make our site easier to use. We may store your username in a cookie to make it quicker for you to sign in whenever you return to Planningwith.cards.
Blogs and Forums. Our website offers publicly accessible blogs and community forums. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them. We’re not responsible for any personal information you choose to submit in these areas of our site. To request removal of your personal information from our blog or community forum, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In some cases, we may not be able to fulfill your request and we will let you know why.
Safety of Children and COPPA. Our services are not intended for and may not be used by those under the age of 13. Planningwith.cards.com does not knowingly collect personal data from minors under 13 or allow them to register. If it comes to our attention that we have collected personal data from a minor under 13, we may delete this information without notice. If you have reason to believe that this has occurred, please contact us at email@example.com.
Additional Information for European Union users
Planningwith.cards provides some of its services to users in the EU.
“Personal data”. For users located in the EU, references to “personal information” in this policy are equivalent to what is commonly referred to as “personal data” in the EU.
Accessing and correcting your personal data. You have the right to access and correct the personal information that Planningwith.cards holds about you. This right may be exercised by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Our servers are based in the United States and Mexico, so your personal data will be primarily processed by us in the United States and Mexico. You consent to the transfer and processing of your personal data in the United States
- You consent and agree that we may transfer your data to data processors located in countries, including the United States, which do not have data protection laws that provide the same level of protection that exists in countries in the European Economic Area. Your consent is voluntary, and you may revoke your consent by opting out at any time. Please note that if you opt-out, we may no longer be able to provide you our services.
- You consent to us sharing your personal data with relevant persons working for service providers who assist us to provide our services.
Last Updated: Dec 14, 2016